The Big 5 is the region’s largest and most influential event for the construction industry. We have outlined the top 10 reasons why engineers should attend The Big 5 Dubai and The Big 5 Solar this November.
- Network with thousands of industry peers. Imagine almost 80,000 construction industry professionals from around the world meeting and exchanging innovative ideas under one roof, across four consecutive days. That’s The Big 5, the largest construction industry event in the Middle East! Over 78,000 professionals from 142 countries visited the event last year, making it a truly unmissable platform to network with global construction experts.
- Explore the dedicated products sectors. The Big 5 in Dubai is huge. Covering over 100,000m² in gross floor space, the event introduced a new floor plan that clusters exhibitors into dedicated product sectors, to make it really easy for visitors to find exactly what they’re looking for. Visit the MEP services, the Building Interiors & Finishes, the Building Envelope & Special Construction, the Construction Tools & Building Materials, and the Construct Technology & Innovation product sectors. In one word: be prepared to walk through construction, from A to Z!
— The Big 5 Exhibition (@Big5Exhibition) October 25, 2017
- Get CPD-certified at 70+ free to attend Big 5 Talks. Want to advance your career, learn, listen to renowned industry experts, and get Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points? What about having all of this for free? The Big 5 offers 72 complimentary workshops this year, The Big 5 Talks, delivering world-class educational and knowledge-sharing sessions. You can chose among six different themes integrated within The Big 5 product sectors: MEP, Architecture, Sustainability, Business, Technology and Project Management.
- Meet with over 2,500 suppliers from around the world. Running for the past 38 years, The Big 5 is a point of reference for both well-established organisations and young manufacturing companies aiming to access the growing Middle East construction market. This is why you can find more than 2,500 suppliers from 60 countries, including Germany, Italy, Turkey, France, UAE, USA, and China, showcasing their products at the show.
- Find out the latest and most innovative construction products. The Big 5 offers 360-degree building solutions. Thousands of innovative products are presented and launched at the event each year, so you can discover first-hand the latest technologies and solutions for your construction projects. Moreover, at the Live Product Demonstrations, you can witness innovation in action, with an interactive display of cutting-edge products presented in real time by The Big 5 exhibitors.
- Discover sustainable construction solutions at The GAIA Awards. Sustainability is no more an option: it’s a must across all industries. The Big 5’s GAIA Awards recognizes the importance of building green, and since 2008 honours those companies in the construction sector whose products and services demonstrate a reduction of the construction industry’s impact on the environment. On November 28, a panel of industry experts will carefully select the winners among exhibitors and non-exhibitors at The Big 5. Don’t miss the chance to discover this year’s GAIA Awards winner!
- Visit the co-located Big 5 Solar. Want more sustainable products? This year, The Big 5 is co-located with a new platform dedicated to driving a solar powered world, The Big 5 Solar, which showcases solar technologies from leading PV manufacturing countries. The event also features 12 free to attend CPD-certified Solar Talks and the third edition of the CPD-Certified Global Solar Leaders Summit (GSLS) under the patronage of the UAE Ministry of Energy.
- Listen to forward-thinking leaders at The Big 5 Summits. You’ve probably heard of the Hyperloop transportation system, 3D concrete printing, Expo 2020 Dubai, and Sobha Hartland. What about listening to the men behind these projects, directly at The Big 5? The exhibition this year features two high level conferences, the Excellence in Construction Summit and the Innovation in Precast Summit, exploring current and future trends of the construction sector, as well as the latest technologies, innovations, standards and regulations in precast concrete.
- Check out the new HVAC-R dedicated hall and the Construct Technology & Innovation sector. If you are looking for the latest developments in robotics, 3D printing, smart building and IT solutions, The Big 5 Construct Technology & Innovation product sector has all you need. Next to it, at the new dedicated HVAC-R hall you can find hundreds of innovative and sustainable cooling solutions to meet the growing demand for energy efficient air conditioning systems.
- Collect information digitally with your smart badge. Don’t worry about having to carry dozens of company brochures and even more business cards at the end of a day spent at The Big 5. Thanks to the new Konduko Smart Event service, via your smart badge you can digitally collect and control exhibitors’ information, and decide who to share your personal information with. The collected data will be sent to you in a daily digest email, so you’ll be able to access relevant information even after the event is over.
Want one more reason to attend The Big 5 from 26 to 29 November at the Dubai World Trade Centre? Just check out the event website www.thebig5.ae: the future of construction begins here.
Entrance is free for all pre-registered visitors. Save 200 AED by registering for free at https://register.thebig5.ae/
ABOUT THE BIG 5
26 – 29 November 2017, Dubai World Trade Centre
The Big 5 is the region’s largest and most influential event for the construction industry. Organised by dmg events Middle East, Asia & Africa, the exhibition showcases 360-degree building solutions clustered in five product sectors: MEP services, Building Interiors & Finishes, Building Envelope & Special Construction, Construction Tools & Building Materials, and Construction Technology & Innovation.
Last year’s edition of The Big 5 was the largest to date, attracting over 78,579 participants and 2,586 exhibiting companies from 59 countries. In 2017, on its 38th edition, the event introduces a new dedicated area for the HVAC-R sector, while returning features include the Live Product Demonstrations, and The Gaia Awards. Gathering buyers and manufacturers of construction products from around the world, The Big 5 2017 also offers a broad educational agenda, with two high-level conferences and dozens of CPD-certified workshops.