During the WaterLinks conference and exhibition, Kim Soerensen, Chief Technology Officer of WABAG Water Technology talks to GineersNow TV about their latest water reuse technologies, wastewater innovations and water industry expectations.
WABAG is one of the largest solution provider for the design, engineering, construction and operation management of water reuse plants, wastewater treatment plants, potable and drinking water for municipal wide consumption and industrial sector usage.
About Kim H. Sørensen, Group CTO of WABAG
Kim Helleshøj Sørensen has more than 3 decades of experience in the wastewater business.
He is now working as Group Chief Technical Officer at WABAG. In this position he assures that the Group has access to latest relevant technology and see to that the same is available throughout the 20 BU’s.
Before that he was the Chief Process Expert for Municipal Wastewater treatment at the headquarters of Veolia (F). He has also worked as consultant (COWI, DK), project manager (Krüger DK), (COWI, DK), development engineer (Faxe) and as teacher at The Engineering College of Copenhagen, giving lectures in Waste Water Treatment.
He is a Board member of the IWA Specialist group on Biofilms and a regular member of the Scientific Committee of the IWA WWRMod conferences.
He has published more than 20 twenty scientific and technical articles in International recognised Journals like Water Research, Water Science and technology.
He has 5 Patents on waste water treatment Processes.
VA Tech WABAG Limited (WABAG) is a pure play water technology company with over 9 decades of experience in water treatment including design, engineering, operations and maintenance of treatment projects for both the municipal and industrial sectors. A multi-national, with a strong presence in over 20 countries and over 100 patents to its credit, WABAG is today recognized as the market leader in water and wastewater treatment in India.
WABAG’s solutions include:
- Drinking water treatment
- Industrial and process water treatment
- Sea and brackish water desalination
- Municipal wastewater/used water treatment
- Industrial effluent treatment
- Sludge treatment and power generation
- Water reclamation systems (recycling and reuse)
The company has been instrumental in facilitating treated wastewater discharge and providing access to clean drinking water to a large populace, thus validating its tagline, ‘Sustainable Solutions for a better life’.
As a pioneer in the field of power neutral treatment systems, water recycling and reuse, WABAG established its credentials as a trailblazer with the setting up of the power neutral plant at Kodungaiyur, Chennai; recycling plant at RIL Dahej and reuse plants at CPCL, Chennai and Windhoek, Namibia.
WABAG is the preferred partner to some of the largest industrial houses and municipalities across the globe.
- Extensive technology portfolio
- Proven process know-how and experience
- Bouquet of business solutions: EP, EPC, DBO, BOOT
- Experience spanning over 9 decades
- Global experience with in-depth understanding of localized requirements
- In-house R&D centres in Austria, India and Switzerland with over 100 patents
- Execution of over 1,200 plants since 1995
Awards and Accolades
- Water Management Excellence Awards 2018 for “Outstanding Contribution in Water Efficiency & Conservation”
- Inaugural ASEAN – India Achievement & Excellence Award for significant contribution to building sustainable water infrastructure and supporting economic development
- Ranked among the Top 10 Global Water Companies by GWI for serving over 20 million people globally
- Dun & Bradstreet Infra Award 2017 – Presented by Shri Nitin Gadkari for Karnataka’s first Wastewater Treatment Plant to produce power from biogas in K&C Valley, Bengaluru
- IEI Industry Excellence Award @31st Indian Engineering Congress, Kolkata for Engineering Services & Consultancy from Institution of Engineers (India)
- Distinction Award for Water Company of the Year to Mr Rajiv Mittal at the Global Water Summit 2014 by Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of Liberia and Nobel Laureate
Click here to watch more #LeadersTalk, the world’s most watched B2B industry TV interview, straight from the leaders, CEOs and founders.
Follow our Linkedin page for the latest industrial news, technology reports and engineering trends. Know the latest career opportunities and job updates in the B2B sector.